Referral & Re-sign
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 300
AFL - CIO - CLC
3 Gregory Drive - South Burlington, VT 05403
Telephone (802) 864-5864
Fax (802) 862-6379
- Applicants for referral shall register for employment by means of the “Out of Work List” located at the Hall. Initial registration for referral shall be in person.
- Members should register on the “Out of Work List”, only if they are interested in employment through the Local 300 referral process. In order to remain eligible for referral, applicants must confirm their availability for employment every month, by one of the following methods:
- By appearing at the Union Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and reregistering for referral in person.
- By completing and submitting the Referral Re-sign form located on the Local 300 Website.
- By calling the Local 300 Referral Line and leaving a voice message for reregistration, to include name, Card and Local number, and any updated contact information.
- By mailing, faxing, or emailing a reregistration request to:
- IBEW Local 300, 3 Gregory Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403 - for mailed resigns
- 802-862-6379 - for faxes
- and to email@example.com - for emails, stating the applicant’s name, Card Number, the date of the request and any updated contact information
This reregistration process must be completed during the seven day period beginning on the 10th and extending through the 16th of each month. Failure to reregister within the allotted time period will constitute a voluntary removal of the applicant’s name from the “Out of Work List”. The applicant’s name shall be reinstated at the bottom of the list, only when the applicant signs the register in person.
- Referral registrants can be recalled for employment by a former employer only if:
- The registrant has properly registered for referral with the Local Union
- The registrant is in the highest level Group on the referral list containing applicants available for work, regardless of the individual’s position on the list;
- The recall is made within 60 calendar days from the time of layoff;
- The registrant has not quit his or her most recent employer within the two weeks prior to the recall request;
- And the former employee is not an apprentice.
- Job referral opportunities will be posted after 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, on the Local 300 Job Referral Line. Members can access the Job Referral Line by calling 888-423-9300.
- Members registered on the “Out of Work List” who express interest towards an available job(s) shall leave their name and phone number where they can be reached. The member shall state on the recorder the job preference(s) for which they are applying for and must do so before 8:00 a.m. on the following business day.
- Members shall be dispatched from the hall. Upon dispatch, members shall complete all applicable paperwork required for employment, to include proof of good standing within the Local.
- Jobs will be filled commencing with Book I, in the order that the jobs come into the Hall. Registered members who express interest for consideration shall be assigned in the order that they are on the “Out of Work List”.
- Members who are referred to a job, and through no fault of their own, receive less than forty (40) hours of work upon completion of the referral, shall be returned to the “Out of Work List” in their previous numeric position.
- Members who accept a referral and thereafter refuse the job shall have their name removed from the list. Reinstatement to the “Out of Work List” shall be made in person at the Hall.
- Short-calls shall be filled by rotating through the Referral list. All members registered shall have the ability to accept a short-call.
- a. A Short-call shall be defined as a referral to a job for duration not to exceed twenty-one (21) calendar days from the day that said referral is to begin.
The Hall is responsible to fill calls in a timely manner. In case of urgent needs, referrals may be made outside normal hours using whatever means available to fill calls and place registrants.
By utilizing this referral procedure, it is the goal of the referral agent to administer a reasonable and customary referral practice. All efforts to make this procedure fair and equal amongst the membership shall be taken.
All procedural rules shall become effective as of June 1, 2012.